2-3 pages APA format
Build your problem solving skill by locating credible and valid sources of evidence and analyzing how those sources can be used to support a persuasive argument in an ethical manner. This assignment will help you define the topic and initial sources of evidence that you will use in Assignments 2 and 3.
Scenario: You are trying to convince a community group or municipal committee to provide funding for ways to eliminating the people who are speeding in our neighborhood (you may also take the stance of asking for a particular policy to be changed). How will you persuade the committee to change their minds?
Criteria for Success: In this assignment, you will:
- Define a topic for a persuasive proposal, and explain the importance of the topic to you within the context of the scenario and your own life/career.
- Describe the potential audience for a persuasive proposal and the importance of the topic to the audience within the context of the scenario.
- Identify five credible sources, including one opposing source, relevant to your chosen topic.
- Summarize each source, including the who, what, when, where, and why. Summaries are clear and concise (1–2 complete sentences each).
- Describe how each source would be used to support the persuasive argument, including an analysis of the credibility and relevance of the source.
- Discuss how the selection of effective, purposeful sources represents a variety of perspectives and an ethical approach to research.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate SWS style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
Skill(s) Being Assessed: Problem Solving (Information Literacy)