Think of an entrepreneurial opportunity. It can be an idea you’ve had for a new product or service, a product or service you are interested in, or an existing opportunity you’ve researched such as franchising. It may be the same opportunity you wrote about in Week 1. Write a paper analyzing the legal issues that would need to be addressed in pursuit of this opportunity. Answer the following questions:
- What legal protections would be advantageous for the new business to pursue? Why?
- Would a patent or registered trademark be advantageous? Why?
- How might governmental regulation impact the pursuit of the new business?
- What product safety and liability concerns would there be? What would be their impacts?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages in length
- Formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.)
- Include at least 2-3 outside sources