1.a Using the public such as company Berkshire Hathaway. or other public company , calculate 5 ratios:
Current Ratio (Working Capital Ratio)
Inventory Turnover Ratio
Operating MarginFor the current year and the prior year. Discuss why the ratio’s changed from the prior year to the current year.
Attaches also excel file for calculations
(need to be 1/2 pages with references)
1.Describe the characteristics of consolidated financial statements immediately following a business combination.
Prepare consolidated financial statements immediately following a business combination, including:
calculate consolidated balances on the consolidated balance sheet,
understand consolidating investment eliminating entries, and
understand intercompany receivable/payable eliminating entries.
2. Describe the effects that the method a parent uses to carry an investment (on its books) in a subsidiary has on the investment balance that must be eliminated in the consolidating process.
Consolidation Subsequent to Acquisition
3. Describe the characteristics of the cost method of accounting for an investment.
4. Describe the necessary treatment of the consolidating worksheet when a parent uses the cost method to account for an investment in a subsidiary
Consolidation Less than 100% Ownership
5. Allocate the purchase price for a less than 100% acquisition.
6.Calculate the components of the balance sheet and income statement that would be represented on the consolidated statements with a less than 100% acquisition.
Introduction to Earnings per Share
7.Complete a calculation of basic EPS.
8 Complete a calculation of diluted EPS.
Basic Earnings per Share
9 .Complete a calculation of weighted average shares outstanding with stock issuance, repurchase, dividends, and splits.
Diluted Earnings per Share
10. Calculate the potentially dilutive effect of convertible preferred stock on basic EPS.
11.Calculate the potentially dilutive effect of stock options and warrants using the “treasury stock method” on
12. Solve BOTH EPS (Earnings Per Share) questions below
QUESTION #1) in the file!