please answer all parts of the prompt and be sure that your initial post reaches the full 400 word minimum requirement. Don’t forget to also post a response of at least 200 words to a peer’s post as well!
1) Describe the trajectory of what happens in the textbook chapter, “From Sea to Shining Sea.” How does the term “Manifest Destiny” relate to the chapter? Be sure to provide specific examples from the textbook.
2) How does your K-12 education relate to (or differ from) the experiences mentioned in Lim’s article “Educating Elementary School Students on California Missions”? What “myths” does Lim discuss in the article? What solution(s) is provided?
3) According to the article “The San Diego Mission and Kumeyaay Revolt: A Decolonized Mission Project,” what happened during the Kumeyaay revolt? Also, how exactly was the author’s daughter’s modern-day 4th grade mission project “decolonizing” or an example of decolonization?
4) In the article “What the ‘California Dream’ Means to Indigenous Peoples,” how does the author define the “California Dream”? What does the “California Dream” mean to Indigenous peoples? What solution does the author suggest?
5) Lastly, please share your overall thoughts/reactions/reflections on this week’s materials.