1. Why does Annie Prudhomme-Genereux (the author of the case study about the evolution of skin color) say that human ancestors were originally light skinned?
2. What ecological conditions favored the evolution of dark skin?
3. Why did natural selection favor dark skin under these ecological conditions?
4. What reason does she give for the evolution of lighter skin further away from the equator?
5. Annie Prudhomme-Genereux fells the evolutionary pressure for light skin is stronger than the pressure to maintain dark pigmentation in place further away from the equator. Why?