SCS 100 Project 3: Final Reflection Guidelines and Rubric
Your third longer-term assignment in this course is a presentation or short paper in which you will share your question derived at the end of your observation journal in learning block 4-3 and discuss why it is important and how developments in the social sciences contribute to our understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world around us.
This final reflection will assess the following course outcomes, which you focused on throughout Theme 4:
● Investigate major developments in the progression of social scientific thought for informing critical questions that drive social scientific inquiry
● Articulate the value of the social sciences for their impact on contemporary issues
Your third project is a presentation or short paper (you are free to choose) that explores the question you posed at the end of your observation journal. With that question as your topic, you will explain why the answer to it is important to understanding yourself, other people, and the world around you and how the social sciences have developed to help us answer these important questions. The critical elements of this assessment will be evaluated by the information in your presentation or paper. Be sure your actual question is apparent on the presentation or paper.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed in your submission:
I. Explain why your question is important to you as a member of society.
II. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that drive questions regarding studying the individual. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
III. Explain how finding the answer to your question might impact others around you. For instance, who might be most invested in the answer?
IV. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that drive questions regarding studying others. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
V. Explain why studying human behavior and identity is a valuable human endeavor.
VI. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that support the study and advancement of the social sciences as necessary and valuable. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
Supporting Work and Resources
Throughout Theme 4, there are supports you will use as you work directly on different elements of the final reflection.
1. In learning block 4-3, you submitted your observation journal.
2. In learning block 6-3, you submitted a micro-presentation or short answer response to give you an opportunity to practice elements of the final submission. For this assignment, you reflected on what you considered to be some of the most significant developments covered in Theme 3 and addressed the following:
a. Identify the developments and how they impact individuals or larger groups/cultures.
b. Describe how the developments changed society’s understanding. How is the development applicable outside of the social sciences?
3. If you choose to submit a presentation instead of a paper, you may use PowerPoint, Prezi, or another presentation platform of your choosing. Reference the Supporting Resources document for instructions on how to use different presentation programs. Be sure to include notes as needed in your presentation in order to meet the outlined critical elements.
5. Learning block 8-1 includes a Final Reflection Submission Checklist that you can use to ensure you have met all the requirements of this project. Your instructor is available to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have as you work to finalize your final reflection.
Complete the micro-presentation for this assignment (a presentation with 1 to 2 slides and accompanying notes). You may use a presentation platform of your choice (Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) to complete this assignment. To learn more about obtaining Microsoft 365 and creating PowerPoint or Prezi presentations, view the Supporting Resources document. Attached is the reflection as short paper form please use it to finish the powerpoint. And the rubric for exact guidance.
Everything needed is attached and also feedback for the Project.
I haven’t yet graded your project, so I don’t know your question, but based on this, I would say that your questions isn’t something a social scientist would study, but something that a marketer or advertising company might want to answer. You might want to consider making it something that a social scientist might be interested. Keep the focus off of the ads specifically and more on the behaviors and people you see in the ads. -Della This is the professors feedback this should be helpful as well.