Firewall Selection and Placement
The senior network architect at Corporation Techs has informed you that the existing border firewall is old and needs to be replaced. He recommends designing a demilitarized zone (DMZ) to increase network perimeter security. He also wants to increase the security of network authentication, replacing the current username and password approach.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Research and select firewalls for the Corporation Techs network.
a. Describe each firewall, why you selected it, and where it should be placed for maximum effectiveness.
b. Address network, server, and workstation firewalls.
2. Describe a plan for creating a DMZ, and explain how it makes the network more secure.
3. Research network authentication and create a high-level plan for secure authentication to internal network resources.
4. Create a draft report detailing all information as supportive documentation.
5. Cite sources, where appropriate.
- Internet access
§ Course textbook
- Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
- Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
- Length of report: 3–4 pages
- I researched and selected firewalls.
- I described each firewall, why I selected it, and where it should be placed for maximum effectiveness.
- I addressed network, server, and workstation firewalls.
- I described a plan for creating a DMZ and explained how it makes the network more secure.
- I created a high-level plan for secure authentication to internal network resources.
- I created a professional, well-developed report with proper documentation, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- I followed the submission guidelines.