Week 7 – Signature Assignment: Develop a Data Improvement Plan
As you prepare your Signature Assignment this week, please keep in mind that for your Week 8 assignment, you will review and respond to the feedback provided for the Week 7 Signature Assignment. You will also reflect on the course content, concepts, and course competencies, and critically analyze and document how these elements impact and/or advance your career interests and degree program pathway. You will use an annotated bibliography to support your ideas in Week 8.
This week, you will develop and submit your Signature Assignment, a Data Improvement Plan, for your organization. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your competency in discussing key elements that are essential for putting together a solid data improvement plan.
Drawing from the activities of the past 6 weeks, use the outline below to develop your plan:
- Introduction section (no more than 2 pages):
- Data Privacy and Security Plan (no more than 2 pages): Addresses how your organization is handling:
o HITECH Act
o Data Use Agreement
· Needs Assessment section (no more than 2 pages) that addresses:
o The approach you are taking to learn more about your organization’s data needs
o The stakeholders you reached out to
· Identify key types of healthcare data you will be collecting and your rationale for doing so (no more than 3 pages), including:
· Incorporate the table you developed in Week 5 into your plan
· Data use (no more than 2 pages)
o Data use agreement
o Breach notification and Research
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations, and the current 7th edition of APA standards.