As a reminder, your policy paper must address the following areas (use the bolded words as your headers for each section of your paper):
1. Provide an overview of the issue, describing briefly what it encompasses
2. Evaluate the social, cultural & organizational factors which put it on the healthcare reform agenda
3. What effects would there be from this issue from the perspective of economic impact on the nation, and on individual persons?
4. What are the political ramifications (if any) if Congress supports this issue?
5. What are the major influences that shape this issue?
6. Who are the people (groups, agencies, persons) most likely to benefit or lose from this issue if it becomes policy? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. You must discuss pertinent information/ literature that supports your position
8. Discuss any other viable options/positions regarding this issue
9. Each student will discuss any major problems associated with this position
10. It will be 12 pages (double-spaced 12 pt. professional publishing font, excluding title and reference pages), using APA 6th edition format. References must be cited in APA format. *Sources for this information: journals, books, internet, government documents, interviews, transcripts of people involved in the issue. Try to cover the issue, but be concise, identifying key points.