1. Since 1998, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has been strongly recommending that all health care organizations adopt 7-part compliance programs. The enactment of the 2010 health reform law (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) changed that in a very significant way. What was the change?
2. What is the connection between the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and the OIG Compliance Program Guidance’s?
3. What are the 7 basic components of a now mandatory compliance program? (Being familiar with these components is essential – especially on an interview for a compliance position!)
4. Describe three attributes of the position of the Compliance Officer in an organization.
5. Identify five functions performed by the Compliance Officer.
6. There are four steps to follow when an organization learns of possible non-compliance. What are they?