Please review: https://nursing.utmb.edu/current- students/careerservices/ResumeGuide.pdf
The cover letter formally introduces you and creates a critical first impression Should be specifically tailored to a specific po
- In a few sentences, explain why you’re a great fit for this specific role. State why you’re excited about the job and the company, and how the job matches your career goals.
- In one or two paragraphs, connect your past accomplishments with the requirements listed in the job description. Focus on your most relevant experience, qualifications and skills. When possible, quantify your accomplishments with facts and data. Avoid repeating the bullet points from your resume.
- Close by thanking the employer for their time and consideration. You may also want to sum up your qualifications for the role and express an interest in continuing to the next stage in the hiring process
- Some samples on the internet
(123) [removed] 1, 2018
Dear Hiring Manager,
I’m excited by the opportunity to apply for the Nurse Practitioner position at Cloud Clearwater. As a fully accredited and licensed nurse with 12 years of experience working in private clinics, I bring a wealth of medical knowledge, technical aptitude, and interpersonal skills that help patients feel comfortable and confident in all aspects of their care.
As a Nurse Practitioner at River Tech for more than a decade, I served primarily in the cardiology and pediatric care units. I was responsible for all stages of patient care, including admitting patients, examining medical histories, ordering tests, diagnosing conditions, designing treatment plans, prescribing medication and educating patients on their condition and care program. I received specialized training in conducting exercise, Persantine and Lexiscan nuclear stress tests, and I later served as Training Team Leader for these tests.
I had the opportunity to pioneer the use of new technology to improve physician-patient interactions and drive successful business outcomes for River Tech. I spearheaded the design and implementation of our “I Heart Health” mobile app, which allowed clinical teams to deliver educational materials and medication reminders directly to patients’ devices. As a result of this initiative, we saw a 36% increase in medication compliance and a 62% decrease in follow-up appointment cancellations.
I would like to thank you for considering me for the Nurse Practitioner position. I hope to talk with you soon about Cloud Clearwater’s approach to enhancing patient care. I would love to discuss how my deep understanding of the latest medical technology combined with my passion for creating personal connections with patients can be used to improve overall health outcomes for Cloud Clearwater’s valued patients.
Qualified and responsible Registered Nurse with 5+ years of experience providing care to acute ill patients, cardiac patients. Instructing patients in pre- and post-operative procedures, analyzing patients’ conditions and preparing them for surgeries. Solid team player with upbeat positive attitude. Motivated, dedicated, hardworking, compassionate and confident working in a fast-paced environment with outstanding customer service skills. Seeking to use my knowledge to assist hospital, office, nursing homes and agencies in a nursing role. I earned my Bachelors of Sciences in Nursing with honors
- Cardiac Monitoring. Interpret 12 lead EKG Dysrhythmia.
- Management of CHF, HTN, Cardiac arrest, respiratory failures.
- Monitoring of chest tubes, BiPAP, CPAP, High Flow NC, ABG.
- Manage central lines, arterial lines.
- Monitor patient’s respiration, activity, blood pressure and blood glucose levels in response to medical administration.
- Discuss progress needs and medications with others members on patients’ clinical team.
Per Diem Registered Nurse
- Participated in a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals to assess, evaluate, and diagnose patients and develop effective treatment plans under direction of the physician.
- Monitored cardiac rhythms and initiated ordered intravenous medication drips.
- Administered oral, sublingual, transdermal, intravenous medications and PICC lines, Midlines.
- Monitored chest tubes, JP drains, PD catheters, nephrostomy tubes and pacer wires.
- Informed physicians regarding abnormal lab values, arrhythmia, and pertinent events
- Monitored vitals and administered treatment plans for patients dealing with cardiac, pulmonary, diabetic, gastrointestinal issues; observed progress and update patient charts.
- Provided patient and family education in disease states, expectations, medications, and home health maintenance.
- Provided quality care to ensure patient satisfaction.
Registered Nurse at
- Assess patient’s condition during every visit and chart my observations
- Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs and medication review.
- Administer medication as prescribed by the physician.
- Dress or redress open wounds and assess progress of healing
- Educate patients and their families on proper home health care strategies and procedures.
- Provide palliative care as needed to keep the patient comfortable.
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests
Registered Nurse at All Around Home Health agency Miami FL 2018
- Assesses the home environment for safety, infection control, and community resource needs.
- Collects information for assessment with the patient, family, physician and other health care team members.
- Plans with the patient, family and physician for care which is feasible within the physical, financial and emotional resources of the family.
- Anticipates home care needs and seeks a wide range of community resources to facilitate problem solving.
- Develops standards of care for patients in the home setting.
- Provides skilled nursing care, preventative rehabilitative procedures, and prescribed treatments with a variety of patient populations within various potentially complex home situations.
- Health information specialist data entry
- Proficiency in Cerner and Meditech EHR system
- Scanned medical charts from over 25 different practices
- Trained new hires to performed entry level duties
- Well verse in various computer programs relating to medical documentation
- Registered old and new patients to Hospital data base
- team leader at work site.
- Strong organizational skills
- Active listener
- Creative problem solver
- Courteous Demeanor
- Time management
- Energetic work attitude
- Honesty and integrity
- People oriented: Customer service skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Critical thinking: Decision making skills
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Data collection, data entry, and documentation
- Microsoft Excel, Power point, Word, and Outlook experienced
- Ability to promote and maintain hygienic and safe environment
- AHA Basic life support (BLS)
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Telemetry for Nurses
- NIH Stroke certification
- Health Information Portability and Accountability Act certificate
- HIV/AIDS Training (4) Hours Course
- OSHA-Blood borne Pathogens/ Infection Control
- Impairment in the Workplace: Substance Abuse
- Medical Documentation (3) Hours Course
- Domestic Violence Certificate
- Prevention of Medical Errors Certificate
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders (4) Hours Course
- Infection Control and Barriers Precautions
- Florida Laws and Rules that Governs the Practice of Nursing
- ADP-Zero Tolerance-A Statewide Initiative
- Annual Regulatory Requirements, Current Practice
- Bullying: Real-life strategies to reduce the frequency and impact of bullying in healthcare