Do you know where your time is going? How about where it should be going? Let’s Plan for the ideal use of a week’s worth of time. Fill in your hours in this order:
- Hours attending class
- Study hours (2 times the number of class hours plus 5 or more hours extra)
- Work, internships, and fixed volunteer time
- Fixed life activities (sleeping, eating, hygiene, chores, transportation, etc.)
Now subtotal your hours so far and subtract that number from 168. How many hours are left? ____________ Then portion out the remaining hours for “discretionary activities” (things you don’t have to do for school, work, or a healthy life).
Use the attached document to document where you think you should be spending your time. This assignment is worth
After completing your “Where Should Your Time Go?” activity, take some time to reflect on your time management skills.
While writing your reflection be sure to answer these questions:
- Where is your time actually? Are you wasting a lot of time when you could be doing something productive?
- How could you improve managing your time better?