Project Charter Template: Sections 2 (Project Executive Summary) & 3 (Project Overview)
During this course you will develop, plan, organize and execute a project of your choosing using a Project Management prospective. First you must identify/decide on your project. To assist in the decision process, Blackboard contains the following resources in Module 1:
- A Project Management Prospective: Table Of Contents provides summary details of 18 case studies. These summaries provides ideas that may help you decide what type of project you would like to do.
- A Project Management Prospective: Chapters 2, 14, 19 provides full case studies in three different areas.
- Designers Sharing Their Experiences are videos on the resource Project Management for Instructional Designers.
- You may also look at Job Descriptions from a jobs website by searching for instructional designer or project managers
- Finally you may want to consider adopting one of your designs from a previous course.
Your project can be business, medical, governmental, or educational related. Some project examples could be; new training materials, a one to one hardware or software initiative, transitioning of instruction such as Lecture to Problem Based Learning or F2F to Online, or creating a mobile app for a desktop application.
After you have decided on the project you will be undertaking, you will begin the process of creating a Project Charter. The project charter defines the scope, objectives, and overall approach for the work to be completed. A Template is provided for this
purpose, but since this is a “virtual” project you will be allowed some flexibility in its completion. For this Blog you are to complete Sections 2 & 3. You will add Section 1 which is a part of your response to the discussion for this week.
TEXTBOOK: TRILLING, B. & GINEVRI, W. (2017). PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR EDUCATION: THE BRIDGE TO 21ST CENTURY LEARNING. NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA: PMI EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION.
*NOTE: This book can be flipped over so you can read from both the Learning Guide for Project Managers side and the Learning Guide for Educators side. Reading assignments for both sides of the book will be given each week.
- Learning Guide for Project Managers side: Foreword, Preface, Author Page, Introduction, Chapter 1
- Learning Guide for Educators side: Foreword, Preface, Author Page, Introduction, Chapter 1