Analyze an interaction on Youtube. It must be at least 30 seconds long. The interaction must be unscripted. There must be no editing of the section of the interaction that you are analyzing. Provide at least 30 seconds of dialog and analyze it. You can pick and choose what you want to focus on.
- Describe the social context, social structure, social positions, and social roles. Discuss how these elements affected the interaction.
- Describe the impression management aspects of the interaction.
- Study the structure of the conversation (conversation analysis).
- Examine what is going on in the interaction with respect to the relationship (discourse analysis focusing on the social bond and emotions).
- Discuss how the type of talk (recorded conversation for YouTube) affects the interaction.
Provide at least 30 seconds of verbatim dialog and analyze that dialog. Your analysis, however, is not limited to that 30 seconds. Provide the complete 30 seconds of verbatim text as an appendix.
1. demonstrated the sociological imagination
2. it is well written
3. it is about two pages, double-spaced (about 600 words) — this does not include the verbatim text that you will provide in the appendix.
Here is an example of a video that you can analyze. You can analyze this video of you want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NF6n9Z6ZA0&t=143s