This assignment consists of two parts. Part A requires you demonstrate the normalization process by first discussing the first, second, and third normal form, then drawing a dependency diagram among the attributes. Part B requires you to create three tables, populate data into these tables, and write queries. Part B of the assignment gives you hands-on experience on writing Oracle SQL statements. Use the following as references when you work on the assignments.
- SQL Exercise: Write SQL commands to create and modify the structure of a table.
- Query Exercise: Write SQL commands to query from one and more than one table.
- Normal Form Conversion Exercise: Draw functional dependencies diagrams and convert into a set of tables to satisfy the third normal form.
Download the Module 3 Assignment worksheet and answer the questions in the downloaded document. When you are done with the assignment, submit the file to the Case 3 Dropbox.
- Finish both part A and part B of the assignment.
- Apply what you have learned in this module to address the questions.