Tactical Case Analysis (case attached)
- What should HR goals be to get HGI where they want to be in six months?
- What would you do if you get a letter from the OFCCP?
- What would you do if you got a visit from ICE?
- Who will be doing the actual hiring for HGI?
- How do you start to prepare for the bargaining process?
Part 1: SWOT Analysis
The goal for this part is to understand how strategic planning helps HR leaders make effective decisions. You will identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. (You will need a minimum of five (5) in each concept.)
Part 2: Strategy (short-term and long-term Planning)
Now that you have done the SWOT analysis, you understand the organizations’ situation. Now you can begin effective action planning. You will identify short-term and long-term needs. (You will need a minimum of ten (10) in each.)
Short-term needs: typically items that must be accomplished within the next six months.
Long-term needs: typically items that must be accomplished but are not immediate needs.
Part 3: Final HR Plan
As the first vice president of human resources put together a formal report for the president describing your HR vision statement. Use your work in part 1 and 2 as your guide. What HR will do for the organization and why. (Minimum of two paragraphs)