Listen: to This American Life Episode 296: After The Flood (September 9, 2005), 60 min
(It is sometimes easier to listen while driving or doing chores, like folding laundry or doing dishes. Feel free to do so!)
Reflect on the following:
- What act stuck out to you the most? Why?
- What would you find the most challenging as someone involved in Emergency Management or as part of a Recovery team?
- How might these experiences have been better prevented?
- What can we do to build more resilient communities BEFORE a disaster strikes so the impact of such a disaster is lessened?
- What must be done AFTER a disaster in this context to build community recovery and resilience?